Crazy stuff - I've made a LOI demo!
Go here and download it:
..or my personal dropbox
I warn you though, the demo is rough. It contains some art unfinished or placeholders, all-placeholder sound, missing effects and objects and code.
WINDOWS 8 WARNING!: DUE TO A CONFIRMED BUG IN W8 GAME MAKER GAMES HAVE ALL SORTS OF SOUND ISSUES - INCLUDING CRASHING. TO FIX THIS - DISABLE SOUND EFFECTS FROM THE OPTIONS MENU.
- The game is written in GM8.1, so Windows8 people have to turn the sound effects all the way down in order not to anger the cruel gods of Microsoft.
- You MUST unzip the entire game including the external files and folders.
- The demo can be controlled with either the cursor keys+ZXC, or the WASD+123, which can be switched in the options menu.
- The game also supports controllers - the button layouts for 360 controller and a sidewinder can be swapped in the options as well.
- There is an unfinished "8-bit" version of the game in the EXTRAS menu.
- Powerup items can be collected by standing over them and pressing up.
- Iya can climb ledges when you jump to them and hold up.
- Iya has two attack types - quick and strong. Tap attack button for quick, hold - for strong.
- While in the air Iya can either slam enemies down with down+attack, or kick them up higher with up+attack.
- Explore the area. There is one hidden powerup object and one health upgrade.
- Save rooms are activated by standing in the middle and pressing up.
- The sound and music are a placeholder. I have an awesome musician lined up for the project, but first I need some sweet, sweet Kickstarter money to pay him.
- Badgers WILL mess you up... as will the bear... as will the bosses.
Hopefully - have fun: )